RYE, NY — The pandemic delayed plans for The Studios at the Rye YMCA, but the brand new facility is already proving to be worth the wait.
The Rye YMCA invites community members to a morning of free, fun activities to celebrate the opening of The Studios at the Rye YMCA. The celebration will be held on Saturday, June 18, from 10:30 am – 12:30 pm on the Village Green and at the Y Studios.
The new Y Studios, located at 1037 Boston Post Road in Rye, is a vibrant, state-of-the-art facility where members will be able to pursue their health and wellness goals. It will include:
- A group exercise studio for individual and circuit-style classes such as Core Crunch, Active Fitness, Kickboxing, Zumba, Strength classes, Tai Chi and others.
- A yoga studio with a barre and lighting that can be dimmed or colored for classes focusing on spirit, mind and body, including meditation, Pilates and different types of yoga.
- A High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) studio for individual workouts and small group, functional and personal training. Members will be able to work with Rye YMCA staff or on their own using the interactive tv screens offering guided, personal workouts.
- An indoor cycling studio featuring state-of-the-art bikes with power meters to measure success, colored lights and a new leaderboard so cyclists will be able to set goals and track performance.
- A bright, well-equipped on-site Child Watch where members will be able to leave their children in a safe, fun, nurturing environment while they work out, take classes or visit with friends.
- A community room with a kitchenette for meetings, events, chronic disease prevention classes, cooking/nutrition demonstrations and more.
“Our group exercise and cycling classes not only promote fitness,” said Diana Vita, Senior Director of Member Wellness. “They also foster camaraderie and give members the support they might need to set and reach their goals.”
The Y Studios opened with a limited schedule of classes on June 7 and expects to add more classes and activities soon, depending on instructor availability and member interest.
The Grand Opening on June 18 will have Zumba, family kickboxing, music with Dawny Dew, a bouncy castle, arts & crafts, games and free sample classes. The joiner’s fee will be waived for anyone joining the Y between June 18 to June 25. The Rye YMCA also offers financial assistance on a sliding scale for those who need help paying for membership.
For 108 years, the Rye YMCA has been a cornerstone of the community, serving individuals and families from Rye, Harrison, Larchmont, Mamaroneck, Rye Brook, Port Chester and beyond. A not-for-profit charitable organization, the Y works to strengthen community through a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. More information about the Rye YMCA can be found on their website.